Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
This qualification aims to train you to a professionally competent level, enabling you to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification you will cover the following:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with clients and other health care professionals
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
This qualification combines both Level 3 Personal Training and Level 2 Gym Instructing into a Level 3 Diploma.
- Online coaching support from our expert tutors
- Full access to our extensive online resources
- Assessment support and certification on completion
What’s the timeline?
The courses can take between 3-6 months of part time study.